Freshwater Adventures

Freshwater Adventures chronicles the story of one company's aquarium full of tropical fish. Our fish are as much a part of our company as we are, and we hope you enjoy their adventures as much as we do.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Catfish's dreams of hip hop career die hard

Glizzy Fizzy, one of four glass catfish in our community aquarium, has had the same dream since he was a little fry -- to become the world's most famous hip-hop artist.

Like many young dreamers, he spent his early days in school trying to convince his parents that hip hop was a solid future for a catfish.

"Dad called me a fool and slapped me down hard, yo," said Glizzy. "Mom was more understanding, but she wasn't down with my crown, either."

This lack of parental support didn't deter Glizzy. In fact, he used it to inspire his music.

"I ain't gonna be no bus driver
ain't nothing real to strive for
just me and my rhymes
gettin' nickels and dimes."

Glizzy is hoping for a record deal, but his tankmates remain skeptical.

"This whole hip hop thing is just insane," said Aubrey the marble molly. "That fool thinks he's going to be the next big thing, like Hillary Duff or something. I told him he should get a name, get a job, get a life!"

All the doubts in the world wouldn't keep Glizzy from dreaming, though.

"My music touches fish," he said. "They respond to it because it's real. That's all I've ever been. Real. If you can't take the hizzle, get out of the kizzle. You know what I'm saying?"

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Nourisha said...

fa shizzle! do ya thizzle lil glizzy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home