Freshwater Adventures

Freshwater Adventures chronicles the story of one company's aquarium full of tropical fish. Our fish are as much a part of our company as we are, and we hope you enjoy their adventures as much as we do.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

"I'm not pregnant! I'm just big-gilled"

Maybe it's the name. Or the slow, method movement. Or, let's face it, the body shaped like a bowl.
Whatever the cause, Fatty Arbuckle the molly has been victim of at least five false pregnancies during her time in our community aquarium.
"I'm not pregnant, damnit," Fatty said during a press conference on Tuesday. "I'm just big-gilled."
The rumors started in May, soon after the little fish with the bulbous belly joined our tank.
"Some loud-mouth platty had to go and blab that I was with fry," blubbered Fatty. "And I was all, 'Yeah, well we all know there ain't no bigger whores in this tank than you plattys. So put that in your nest and bubble it.'"
Obviously a source of irritation to Fatty, the rumors persisted. At this point, the yellow fish with the distinctive black markings is content to let sleeping dogs lie.
"They can say whatever they want, but I know the truth," said a defiant Fatty. "Sticks and stones, man. Sticks and stones."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home